Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


I hope fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers and anyone that is in a father-like relationship is enjoying their day.


My Dad, a very young 86, lives in Vancouver and I will not see him today although I did interrupt his breakfast this morning to wish him a happy day! My Dad is my hero and my inspiration. He is an artist and still active in a weekly art group, lives on his own with his dog, gets out for daily walks, has a wicked and droll
sense of humour and strives to enjoy each day to the fullest. The one thing I don't like is that my dad no longer resides in Ontario - Vancouver is so far away!

A much younger me and my Dad (check out that tie with the suit!)

Some oldie pics of Dads and children:


Love the expression on the little girl's face!


Pre Raphaelite artist Arthur Hughes and his daughter


1908 Kentucky congressman Joseph Sherley and family. Harris & Ewing Collection

To Dads everywhere and to my Dad especially, may your day be one of delight and joy!


5 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

you look beautiful and your dad so happy in that "much younger" shot ... must have been a perfect day. :)

happiest of dad's days to all.

DellaRae said...

You were a beautiful bride and your father looks so proud.

Tristan Robin said...

wonderful photos - and I didn't realize you were a beauty!

Pearl said...

What a nice tribute to your father. I skipped off to see his work, and I love it!! He is very good at his paintings, drawing, and his cartoons were great. Does he sell his work??? I would love a drawing or painting? He sounds like a great guy!

Jdee said...

Wonderful Sue! Thanks for sharing the pictures and espeically the one of you and your Dad. I miss mine dearly~
xoxox