Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspirational Pause #1

Inside the Otter ~ Elizabeth McGrath



While I've been waiting for my muse to return and for this horrible heat and humidity to diminish, I've been having fun checking out different sites and various links on sites. I've found several artists that really intrigue me and am slowly feeling that creative spark returning.



Elizabeth McGrath is an artist that is new to me. I am fascinated by her inventive and creative pieces.






A short excerpt from her website bio:



Los Angeles-born artist Elizabeth McGrath has always had an eye for the strange beauty in the grotesqueries of life; this appreciation is nowhere more evident than in her work. Inspired by the relationship between the natural world and the detritus of consumer culture, she brings forth a new cavalcade of creatures from the darker corners of the streets, the city, the imagination. It is this melancholy interaction between man-made status symbols and suffering specimens of nature that make up her intricate body of work. Today she lives in Downtown LA with her hairless dogs Blue and King Tut, and her Husband Morgan Slade. They play together in the band Miss Derringer.











To see more of this talented artist's work, please visit her site.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue, you have such a lovely blog!!

I left you some "love" on my blog. Be sure to check it out!

http://zaftigdelights.blogspot.com

Sandie

Roxanne said...

Very interesting pieces you found!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your muse to return. Stay cool!

Zan Asha said...

Hey Sue! Wow, what an artist--very offbeat, but I like it. Hope your muse returns soon. Mine is also on vacation, so maybe they are both hanging out together!

Abi said...

What an amazing artist you have found! Love her work. It also makes me realize I have no imagination whatsoever!! LOL
What exactly is a muze? I don't think I have or had one to loose!!! :O)

Pearl said...

Awesome talent, you ladies and gents blow me away! Poof!

moti said...

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!,
regards

Eli

Georgina said...

I've been a fan of her work of some years. She does some real bizarro-mundo stuff...love it!

Jdee said...

Wonderful pieces Sue! Thanks for sharing.. I always love it when I find something I haven't seen before! So creative!
xoxo

julie said...

Wonder if our muses are on holiday together???

michelleK said...

Wow what an imaginative artist.
I hope your muse comes ounding back soon Sue <3

chopoli said...

Hi Sue,thanks for dropping your comment in my blog!!Very intereting artist you show as!!Hope your muse is back soon,regards,Tatjana

Nun of a Kind! said...

You are such a talent scout! I am amazed at what artists can create...obviously, her muse is working!

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

Although different characters, they remind me of those of an artist who does sculptures with bones and other materials.
I just can't remember her name.
For insteance, she can use a chicken's bone structure and add some metal legs and glass eyes.

Best regards,

José

3rdEyeMuse said...

wow ... here pieces are pretty amazing. thank you for sharing. :)

Renee said...

Sue these are awwesome. I think that your muse will be arriving sometime in September.

Love Renee xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say your in some other plane of existence! LOL~
I know about the text I've had to re do that post 5 times and now it looks like 6.... ARGH
Pattee

Lezlei Ann Young said...

Sue...I think I am going to start looking for your muse also...we need to get you going...how about taking on an ADO challenge?

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Renee said...

Love to you dear friend.

xoxo