Alegria, means "jubilation" in Spanish and refers to a state of mind and mood in the highly entertaining Cirque du Soleil show. For my birthday in May, I received tickets to this show. Hubby and I went into 'the city' (Toronto) this afternoon, saw the show, loved it and then went to one of our daughter's for dessert and coffee. A super afternoon and a great way to end the Canadian long holiday weekend. Note: if you have never been to a Cirque du Soleil show, do yourself a favour and get tickets. Sheer entertainment!
Speaking of jubilation......
HAPPY July 4th to all my US friends!
Maybe not feeling 'jubilant', but feeling lucky?
Check out Julie's blog, My Curious Teaparty, for a visual treat and a chance to win one of three separate fabulous pieces of art from this talented artist.
Still feeling lucky - and charitable? Well....
...the very talented Abi Monroe has an art doll giveaway with a twist!
Please check out Abi's blog to get the particulars on this giveaway to benefit the Abilene Animal Rescue group.
And, we all know how giving makes one feel JUBILANT! My friend Linda from Nun of A Kind created delightful angel ornaments to sell in her Etsy shop with 100% of the proceeds going towards the Victorian Order of Nurses.
Please visit Linda's blog to read the heartwarming story that led to the creation of these adorable little angel ornies. Then visit her website or her Etsy shop to purchase a single ornament or a set of 4. I purchased a set of 4 and they are wonderful - will look lovely on the tree or attached to a gift or card for the holidays (or any occasion).
Lastly (for today) I would like to thank the very creative and talented Lynn Stevens from Trash to Treasure Art for bestowing the
Beautiful Blogger Award on me. Lynn thank you SO much!
One of the rules of this award is to list ten things about me, so here we go........
1. I'm addicted to red seedless grapes (this has replaced my addiction to chocolate.
2. I'm a very tactile person - I HAVE to touch things.
3. I'm fascinated by eagles, owls, bats and dragonflies (but I'm terrified of flying in a plane)
4. The heat and humidity of the summer just doesn't do it for me ..give me a brisk autumn day.
5. I collect (and occasionally sell) antique and vintage clothing.
6. I loathe gardening
7. I'm a sop - an amazing show, picture, commercial, etc., will choke me up.
8. I'm a nighthawk and don't like sleeping.
9. Chronological age doesn't mean anything to me (I was, am and will remain 25).
10. I have a passion for history and nostalgia (in which case the 25 years old does not apply).
Because I know a lot more than 10 beautiful bloggers, there is no way that I can pick between everyone to pass this award on to. If you wish, please grab this award for your blog. You ARE beautiful!