Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Wedding and a Birthday


I've been scanning some old family photos to send to my sis who is planning a memorial service in Vancouver for my Dad.  This photo is my Dad's father and mother on their wedding day.  Not typical wedding attire, but it was during WWI.  My grandmother was around 18 years here.  Think they look so cute!

 Nicole celebrated her 31st birthday yesterday - we had a nice day and surprisingly did not stress too much over having to go to the oncologist today for her pathology report.

We leave for Toronto early afternoon and are keeping positive thoughts first and foremost.

10 comments:

yoborobo said...

What a handsome/beautiful group of relatives you have. :) Happy Birthday to Nicole! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today - xoxo Pam

Debby said...

Hi Sue, what a beautiful old photo of your relatives. I will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Debby

Anonymous said...

I love old family photo's and this one is awesome! Yes they look darn cute esp. during WW1

I am so happy Nicole celebrated her 31st Bday with you all and she and you will be in my thought's and love...
Pattee

Pearl said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! Oh my to be 31 again would be so nice. Enjoy it honey it's a great age. Your Mom & Dad look so sweet. Great photo's.

Ayala Art said...

Lovely picture! and great to see you guys enjoined some cake :o)

Vicki/Jake said...

Now we see where your creative cuteness comes from :)

Happy thirty first Nicole...keep smiling! You're all in my thoughts.

Ingrid Mida said...

Dear Sue,
What a charming photo of your grandparents. And happy birthday to Nicole. I hope that today brought good news.
Best wishes.

Unknown said...

Oh what a sweet family, past and present! I love those old photos, I often look at photos of my own grandparents, during WWII :)

Wow Sue, you are not possibly old enough to have a 31 year old daughter! You had her when you were 10, right? ;)

Many blessings to everyone!

Griselda said...

such a sweetheart....sending much love and light to Nicole and everyone from here.

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Oh Sue...your daughter is beautiful! I am praying and sending all my positive thoughts your way that your daughter has a good pathology report. Waiting is the worst ever...my heart goes out to you and your daughter. Please do keep us informed. Love and hugs to you both!!!
Marcie