Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day

The sky is sunny, the air is cold, the feeling of anticipation and hope is huge. Today, Barrack Obama is sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. A lot rides on the shoulders of this man who has seemingly done the impossible and become the first African American President of the United States.

There was more I wanted to write, however due to severe pain at the moment from a torn muscle in my side, I'm going to take the easy way out and link to a wonderful post on Designers' Block UK


4 comments:

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Yes, historical indeed for our Country and it was nice to see all of the big smiles on people's faces while they were waiting for him to take oath. The weight is heavy on his shoulders, but I believe he will do his best. I hope you feel better soon.....my little friend. We had sun here, but it's about -10 tonight! eeeekkkkkk heating blanket is out and I'm wrapped up in it! LOL
Have a great night!

Zan Asha said...

Hello Sue! Yes, today is a great day for us, I sensed the people in my neighborhood seemed "relaxed" a bit more,if one can say that about New York.

Anyhow, I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for coming to my OWOH blog and leaving such kind words! I am a fan of what you are doing, too! So nice to meet you and I look forward to more of your intriguing flights of fancy!! :)

Zan

Sue said...

Michelle and Zan, I think the infusion of hope that President
Obama (how cool to write that!) has
given not only the US, but the world
is wonderful!

Zan, thank you so much for your kind words on my work. *smiles*

Kims Art said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am so sorry you are not feeling good. Feel better soon! I think your dolls are wonderful! Your faces are enchanting, Like the enchanted folk should be! I hope you do not mind, but I am going to go back and add you to my links! I am not one for commercials either, but that was a good one.