Thursday, January 29, 2009

If Only He Had Legs


Jasmine and Spike, out for their daily "walk". Jasmine is just not impressed. She doesn't like her name, she doesn't like the beads on her hat (they look dorky), and she particularly doesn't like having to exercise leg-less Spike.




Spike, is pretty laid-back. He just kind of wobbles back and forth.




Both Jasmine and Spike are sculpted from polymer clay. This was a fun pair to do. I've found since I opened my shop on Etsy just before Christmas, I'm enjoying thinking outside the rather rigid box I had put myself in of always doing cute, or pretty. I love doing these quirky, whimsical pieces.


My torn muscles are healing nicely and I will be reopening my Etsy shop this weekend with several new pieces, including Jasmine and Spike.
















11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most wonderful dolls I've seen... I love it Sue.
I hope your feeling better with each passing day.
Pat

Sue said...

Thanks Pat! I really had fun making
this set. Yes, my side is getting much better...I'm starting to get antsy now - enough lazying around!

Kaerie Faerie said...

She is so cute, and so is her pet, I can't wait to see your Etsy shop
Karey

horriblesweet said...

A Lovely pair!

Yovanka Black said...

So much character and amazing little outfits with great detail!!! The story is amusing.. makes me wanna found out more about those two ;)

Hope you feel a lot better real soon!!!!!!!!



Yovanka

Kerin said...

These are awesome!!! Jasmine is absolutely enchanting and legless Spike rocks!!! He's perfect. I can just see her dragging him down the road. What a picture that is! I'm laughing so much just thinking about it.

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Can't wait to see what you do next!!

Kerin

BumbleVee said...

I like Jasmine's little face.... I'm afraid I can't really "do outside the box" .... I'm still into pretty or cute.... but, this one I don't mind...she IS kind of cute to me.

I just can't seem to get going on anything creative right now.... but, I'm sure I will get around to something eventually....

Unknown said...

Sue! I love Jasmine and Spike, what a pair! wobble, wobble, wobble, I bet Jasmine drags him sometimes, I can see it in her eyes. lol

glad to read you are starting to mend!

Nicole

Sue said...

Thank you all for your comments. It is so great to get feedback on pieces
that I do and I really appreciate you
taking the time to comment on them.

Thank you also for the well-wishes, they are also very much appreciated. I think by next week, I will be pretty well back to normal. Yaaayy!

Hugs,

Sue

Nita said...

What a sweetheart! I like the unusual clothing texture. Why dont more girls wear woolies? How does Spike get around? Boucing?

be well!*spanks*

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

These are delightful Sue!