Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WOW...Kissed By A Prince!!







I've been out all morning, only to return and discover that I have been"kissed by a prince". How cool is that! It isn't every day that one is kissed by a prince! (infact, I've never been kissed by a prince, although my hubby may argue that point!)

This is a new award that artist extraordinaire and master magical-being creator, Silke Janas-Schloesser has created and according to her blog, will be bestowing it on tickled bloggers every Tuesday! Yaaayy Tuesdays!

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Silke's incredible work,




but please do yourself a favour and also check out her blog if you don't already. It is fun, imaginative and also very inspiring. And you will discover lots more of her enchanting creations there.

Thank you so much Silke, for this recognition - it means so much to me!

And, I must not forget Leisl,



Silke's assistant (although I sometimes question just how much "assisting" she does when reading about some of her episodes, but shhhhhh, we don't want to hurt her feelings).

Now, riding the high of this award, I'm off to my studio to start my Broken Heart ADO challenge piece, which has to be done by Feb. 1st...yikes!



10 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Congrats, Sue, you DESERVE it! :)

PS--verification word of the day: "exomenl"
Nope, I have no idea what to do with this one either! :D

Kaerie Faerie said...

Such wonderful whimsical creatures, thanks for the new blog and site to check out, amazing doll makers!
Kaerie Faerie

Sue said...

Thanks Zan! :)
"exomeni"?? = the term given to
past boyfriends/husbands/significant others of a gal who has been around the block a couple of times.

Kaerie, you are welcome! Silke's work is pure delight!

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Oh Sue...you so deserve this Award! Congradulations my friend! You are one of the amazing artists that soooooooo admire and can call friend! I've enjoyed so much getting to know you and your artwork, your heart, and your engery inspires us all! Congrats again!

Sue said...

Ah Michelle, that is so sweet! Thank you my friend!

Rosanna Pereyra said...

You deserve it!! Your work is really breathtaking. What a compliment to receive an award from an incredible artist like Silke. I also loved the random things you listed and I think its awesome that besides your art you sell vintage stuff too.
Lastly, that clay has been going way too dark on me too, its like hit and miss for me lately! When I go to IDEX this weekend I'm gonna ask some friends about their clays.

Big Hugs and Congrats!
Rosanna

Sue said...

Rosanna, thank you so much for your
comments on my award - and yes, I agree with you totally regarding Silke! Thank you for reading my random things post too!

I would love to hear if you find out anything about the clay when you are at IDEX (I hope you will do a post re Idex on your blog - I love to live
vicariously through others. LOL)

Hugs,

Sue:)

Sandra arteagA said...

Hi Sue! :)

Congratulations for the appreciation! Silke is so so marvellous, kind and enormous that she don´t fit in any sentence!
Sorry because I can´t write to you so frecuently, It´s because by problem with the english, arfff, It takes me a lot to express myself.. but always see and read you everything you make!

Roberta sends you a kiss, and I´m not going to be less, of course!

Hugs, Sandra.

Sandra Evertson said...

Love your dolls!
Sandra Evertson

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

WOW! Congratulations! Prince kissing is exciting!