Friday, September 10, 2010

Not Really A Troll

We were giving Keara a couple of Troll charms (similar to the Pandora charms) for her birthday and I decided to create a little "troll" as the gift giver. I didn't want to make a typical troll (i.e. kind of ugly) and decided to go with something a little lighter.



As often happens with my pieces, this little guy had his own mind, and in the Troll world, (as we know it) he is a complete misfit.




Sculpted head







"Makeup" added (I use matte, unmetallic blushes and shadows)





Starting to flesh out the armature. Not sure about the standing pose





Finished. I liked him better sitting and decided against the basket. I made a small soft leather bag for the charms and included the sunflower as this is Keara's favorite flower. She loves him and agrees with me that he really doesn't look too troll-like.

Just finished some Kindred armatures and also some bust armatures. Not sure what I'm going to do next. I actually feel like making a very simple jointed doll, so I may just play around with that this weekend.


Wishing everyone a great weekend!





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue he is just plain adorable!!! Just so so sweet ~ I bet he is loved!
Love~Pattee

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow...I can't even imagine your talent! This is soooooo cute! I love him..wow wow wow!

Griselda said...

What guy....adorable does not describe it...it is magical and too precious.

MLBetterly said...

He is so stinking cute! I love everything about him!

pinkglitterfae said...

he's too cute to be a troll, lol! you did a fantastic job with this little guy!
have fun playing this weekend
xoxo
betty
ps- are you in Toronto?
if so, are you going to be doing some celebrity watching?

Lisa Gatz said...

I love that troll! too cute!!

Dorthe said...

Sue what a sweet and charming little guy,
love him.
Hugs, Dorthe

Dianie said...

That is the most adorable Troll I have ever seen :) !!!

I love your dolls Sue :)

Have a wonderful weekend,

~Diane

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Sue,
Thanks for the lovely message. Wow, your blog is super cool. I'll link it and will be back for more goodness. I love Port Hope. We used to make trips there just to buy Day of the Dead folk art at Casa Rosa, which was then relocated and eventually turned into a woman's clothing store. We always stop through when we're heading east.
Thanks again!
Erin

Pearl said...

Oh Sue he is too cute! I love him he would be a heart breaker as a gift. Nice to see playing again! Hugs, Pearl

Anonymous said...

aweeeee he is soo damn happy that it makes me smile with him!
Great job =D

Ayala Art said...

What a cute little guy!

Lynn Stevens said...

Sue, I am in awe of your talent!!! your troll is amazing and not troll like at all. he's rather sweet! What a gift. So glad to see you back creating. You must be feeling better!
Hugs Lynn

julie said...

Sue....I love this little Kindred...joyful...So glad to see your are back to working your magic...hug, hug...