Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back Home


Got back home around 1:00 a.m. this morning and have been doing "stuff" (you know, laundry, dishes ... fun stuff like that all day).

Rock of Ages, basically ROCKED.  Such a fun show - high energy, hand-clapping, foot stomping theatre.  I'm not a huge 80s fan but I... Loved it!







Yesterday was Nicole's pre op appointment - her surgery is next Monday.  She has to be at Princess Margaret hospital at 7:00 a.m and will have the
sentinel lymph node mapping done around 8:00.  This is where they inject radioactive dye into her shoulder area around the biopsied site.  The dye shows the first lymph node(s) the  cancer cells may have percolated to (if they did go anywhere else).


At 10:00 is her
surgery to remove the sentinel nodes and then
they will do the Wide Local Excision (WLE) 
to remove a chunk of skin/tissue around where the mole was.  A skin graft or flap-over procedue will
then be done.



And then it is on to recovery.  She should be released
around supper time, unless there are some concerns about her diabetes (none expected).



We will be bringing Nicole home with us for at least a week to recover.  On Dec. 7, she has an appointment with the oncologist to find out if the cancer has spread
and what the next steps are.



A blogger friend of mine, who has gone through a
similar situation (not melanoma) with her daughter wrote me that the waiting is the worse.  I agree.

On a totally different note, a friend posted this on Facebook and I think it is sooooooo pretty.




I'm hoping tomorrow to get into my studio - haven't been near it for five days and going through clay withdrawal.







14 comments:

Ingrid Mida said...

Dear Sue,
I've missed you and am so glad to know that you enjoyed a show. I know waiting is hard. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Nicole. Enjoy your studio tomorrow.

MLBetterly said...

Hang in there, Sue. I'll be keeping you and Nicole in my thoughts and sending truck loads of healing vibes your way. I'm glad you had fun at the show!

Dianie said...

Oh Sue, You are a wonderful person. I am keeping you and Nicole in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
Enjoy your creative time in the Studio.
The song is lovely :)

~Diane

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

The waiting must be really hard. I keep you and Nicole in my thoughts, dear Sue.
I send you over a very big hug,
Julia

Pearl said...

Good to hear from you Sue! You have been a busy girl, good to hear that your daughters surgery is getting started because yes the waiting is the hardest. I know because I had my cancerous kidney removed. But all went well and I'm sure it will all go well for you two! I loved the 80's video it made me want to go. And the lady singing was so soulful and relaxing. Keep your chins up cause all will be well. Love, Pearl

Dorthe said...

Dear Sue,
I will be with you and your daughter-in my thoughts,and sends you lots of warm ones.
Hugs from, Dorthe

Healing Woman said...

Hi Sue,

I'll be thinking about you and Nicole on Monday. Keeping everything crossed that the operation and recovery goes well. Waiting is tough but it will soon be over.

Hugs,
Cheryl

yoborobo said...

Hi Sue! I'm glad you get to make some art today. Keep busy! You and your Nicole are in my prayers, my friend. xox Pam

Roxanne said...

Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers! Big big big hugs to you Sue. Hang in there!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

My prayers, my thoughts and my heart all go out to you & your daughter..

Yes, waiting is the most awful..I remember..but have faith, have trust and know you are all in our thoughts..

Anonymous said...

Where have I been Sue???? I'm going to keep your daughter in my prayers and heart... The waiting is the worse part of any procedure... but when it's your daughter its crazy bad.

I'm so glad you joined facebook... but it can get wild...

I love your "Rock of Ages"

And your bear/child photo is darling... sweet..

Hugs to you Sue~
Pattee

pinkglitterfae said...

my prayers are with you and your sweet girl, that everything turns out ok, and she is on her way to perfect health. Take care of each other...
hugs
betty

Lynn Stevens said...

Keep your chin up! I just know Nicole with come through this just fine! The waiting is the worst!
Your still in my prayers!

michelleK said...

Best of luck Sue. I hope everything goes well.