In January I posted a pic and entry about a faerie that had turneda 'lovely' shade of brown once she had been baked. The clay before
baking had also been very, very soft. I wasn't sure just what had happened and at first faulted my roaster oven. To be safe, I put the four bars of clay from this batch aside to use on display pieces or items I knew I would be painting.
This little piece which I cured last night, was sculpted from two separate samples of Prosculpt Baby from two different bars...both clays were the same colour before curing. The clay I had used on my faerie is the darker clay in the pic. The lighter clay is from a batch that I had purchased just previously to purchasing the 'bad' batch. Thickness was the same for most of the sculpt, excluding the arms which were solid clay.
I think this proves that there was definitely something wrong with some batches of Prosculpt Baby which were manufactured at this time.