Over a year ago I posted about a disaster I had using some old Prosculpt. What should have cured a soft pale colour, ended up a dark mottled tan/brown. I didn't trash the piece, thinking that someday I would play around and just see if I could save her.
My poor little fae "fresh" from the oven.
Originally I thought of using the darkness of her skin and doing something earth (or dirt) related, but this didn't overly inspire me. Last month, the ADO Monthly Challenge was "Spring Enchantment". I was responsible for this challenge so obviously had to create something. I pulled the poor little fae above from my discard basket and started painting.
She received a coat of gesso, three coats of Titan Buff (Golden acrylics),a coat of Green Interferance and some Burnt Umber wash (to give her a slightly antiqued look). I painted her features, wigged her, costumed her in antique laces and netting and used the wings I had made from fantasy film. She is holding a small nest I made with two little eggs in it and sitting on a "stone" (actually a repurposed resin candle stick) pedestal.