Thursday, March 11, 2010

Miranda, Pattee, Faes and Song


Wow, what a clever title! LOL





Closeup of Miranda, a little 7.5" Kindred that I just listed in my Etsy shop.



Miranda has a painted yellow dress with purple dots, antique ivory tatting trim with narrow purple cording. Her hair is blonde mohair pulled back from the sides and accented with small purple bobbles. She is holding a 'fluffy' yellow/purple flower bud.



One of my favorite artists and people, Pattee of Odd-Dolls posted some of her doodles on her blog several days ago. I had to copy the one above and I'm going to put it up in my studio. I love the 'doodle' and the prose. Her doodles would make great cards I think.




The video below is a favorite song of mine by Celtic Woman and has some wonderful pics of faeries. Thought you may enjoy it.











We have had simply gorgeous weather so far this month - sunny and warm and most of our snow is now gone. I'm hoping that because March came in like a lamb, doesn't mean that it will go out like a lion.




This delightful piece is from a shop on Etsy - The Snippets (click the pic to go to the shop)


And, on that note....


Have a beautiful day!



21 comments:

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

What a lovely post Sue. Love the video! And Miranda is wonderful!
I'm with you on the weather too! Our snow is mostly gone now too...and many are the doggie surprises underneath! Yikes!
Have a great day!

MLBetterly said...

Miranda is just so cute! i just love your dolls, Sue!

essie said...

I love Miranda, she is so cute!!
And you are o so right about Pattee, she is talented and above that such a warm person, just like you.
xxx
Es

Doll With A Soul said...

Dear Sue, your Miranda is the cutiest thing i saw since loooong time, she is absolutely beautiful ! i love her ! and i checked your Etsy, i am in love with your dolls ! they are so beautiful,original and just awesome ! great great works, fantastic artist you are !

julietk said...

Miranda is just adorable such a sweet face :-)

Anonymous said...

Miranda is one of the sweetest Kindred~ I'm so looking forward to getting my little Kindred!!! Your Kindred dolls have such a unique innocence about them.

I loved the video!

It's true about letting go...
Love~P

Healing Woman said...

Miranda's eye are bewitching. She is a ....doll! LOL (a wonderful one at that)

Kaerie Faerie said...

the doll is wonderful, and thanks for sharing the fabulous video
your fairy friend
Karey

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

My cutie goodness, Miranda is so precious! Love her yellow dress! Have a beautiful Friday! :)

Tristan Robin said...

Miranda looks so winsome and thoughtful - how pretty!

Loved the video - and thanks for the link to the shop...very cool stuff.

julie campbell said...

Miranda is so lovely Sue, she has a "glow" of happiness !
Love Pattees art and that quote is so true. and the lion and lamb are fab, will check out the video later as tis very early in the morning here and am being quiet as a mouse :0)
what a lovely post,
julie xxxx

MLBetterly said...

Do a drive by past my blog, I have a little somethin' somethin' for you.

Nun of a Kind! said...

I love your new little "lady"! I am sure that she is not going to last long before she is heading off to a new owner...but won't she be hard to give up???

Anonymous said...

I love Breanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's my soul mate....
L~P

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Miranda is soooo CUTE!!!

Have a great weekend!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Every time you post one of your creations, I fall in love heads-over-heels with them..today is no different! Lovely post - thanks for brightening my day!

Ingrid Mida said...

Hi Sue,
What a lovely post! So much to see that I hardly know where to begin. Your dolls seem to hold hope and happiness in their beautiful eyes.
Best wishes for a happy weekend!

Sydney said...

HI there - this went up today and thought you might want to see it.

http://www.passagesmb.com/obituary_details.cfm?ObitID=161999

Denise said...

Miranda is so cute. such loving cute expression she has. I am glad to hear you are having nice weather. We just survived a huge nor'easter here. very bad rains and high winds that i have never seen here.

I hope your spring continues to be filled with beautiful sunshine! Send some my way please :-)

Anonymous said...

I so love your Kindreds and Miranda is another sweet addition!

Jdee said...

Miranda is adorable Sue! She reminds me of a print I had on my wall as a young girl of a big eyed girl that were so popular in the late 60's. Your girl has such wonderful charm and appeal! Love her!