Monday, March 15, 2010

MY WEEKEND

Ugly Isn't It?

www.uglybug.org

I swear
this is what the bug that slithered past my firewall and anti-virus protection on Saturday looked like.
What it was in reality was something called XP Internet Security 2010

Nasty!!!

My 'tech' guy was not around and I didn't want to be without my computer for several days, so I suited up, asked for some help from friends (internet)....

....sent up a prayer that I could do this (and would not kill my computer in the attempt)....

....and was ready to slay the dragon (and trust me, anything techie to do with this computer IS a dragon for me)


Over the next hours (and hours) finding the 'fix' felt like looking for a needle in a haystack - and I wasn't feeling jolly like these two kiddies.


At times I wanted to cry...


.....or have a bird

but into the wee hours on Saturday and all day Sunday, I fiddled (and farted) around with various solutions and recommended fixes........

....and as of last evening, I conquered and killed the bug!


Today, I'm happy and just feel like playing! I'm proud of myself for actually getting rid of this thing - as mindnumbing of an experience as it was, and I'm very relieved that I didn't make a bigger mess of my computer in the process.

I usually use Firefox now, but for some reason I was on I.E. - don't know if this made my computer more susceptible or not, but I'm going to pay better attention from now on as to what browser I'm using.

Wishing everyone a great day, and no altercations with any ugly bugs!


14 comments:

Kerin said...

Hooray for you Sue! It used to be my job to hunt down bugs and then make sure they were fixed without breaking other things (aka QA Software Engineer). They can be so very very bad and I'm so glad to hear you won the battle with this ill mannered creature. ; ) I'm impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your computer fixed. We'll be doing some work on ours soon, been getting the blue screen as of late--eek!

Tristan Robin said...

I hate to make light of your problems, but this post was hysterical.

http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/spewcoffee.gif

Healing Woman said...

Oh, I sympathize with you. My blood boils when I have something, anything, go wrong with my computer. I have a great computer guy who helps me but when he is not around I have to go to the "online help" and that totally ruins my day. You did very, very well to get your computer up and running. Congratulations!
Nice post pictures too!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

First off...eeewe! that bug is uber-ugly..

Secondly..eeewe! That first cryin' kid is uber-freaky...

Lastly - fun post..good luck with all of the techie stuff...

yoborobo said...

My daughter had this nasty bug on her laptop and my DH spent a good portion of the weekend slaying it. :) He said that older versions of I.E. are susceptible to it. Not fun, not fun. Glad you made it through the other side! :) Pam

Vicki/Jake said...

YIKES Sue...Some BUG ya got there..
But glad you killed the ugly thing. I use Firefox too and have some extras..so far...
I'll email you some ideas...
Go enter the next giveaway!

BTW, LOVE the pics you used (o:

Unknown said...

What a happy way of telling your sad story...lol
I am happy you killed the nasty bug!!

Jingle said...

So glad you were able to figure it out! I love FF and Safari and I HATE IE!!!

Erica-Jane said...

Wow! Your dolls are amazing! I'm so pleased I found your blog :0)
I'll be sure to come back and visit again soon,

Erica
x

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Oh Sue! Thanks for giving me chuckles! You Go Girlfriend!!! Am calling you for future dragon slaying here!
XO

Anonymous said...

Yea Sue!!! That was some undertaking!

I almost always use Firefox... Its faster and safer...

Now go take a day and play you deserve it!
L~P

Lisa Johnson said...

That was hysterical...I know exactly how you felt!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow. I bow down to your excellence. I'd be scared to death to try and FIX anything!
What a clever post too!