Monday, March 8, 2010

We Are Women.....

Susan Seddon Boulet





Today, March 8 is International Women's Day.


This will not be an informative post as all you have to do is go to Google and read everything you ever wanted to know about this day. I could not let the day go by without mentioning it however.






1922


I will mention that International Women's Day was started on March 8, 1911 and continues to be celebrated to this day


Lucy Maud Montgomery


"I have no desire to be equal to man. I prefer to maintain my superiority"


(Lucy Maud Montgomery......Love it!)



A lighthearted look at being a woman:


1. We got off the Titanic first


2. We can scare our bosses with gynecological disorder

excuses


3. Taxis stop for us


4. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing


5. No fashion faux pas we make could ever rival the Speedo


6. We don't have to break wind to amuse ourselves


7. We can congradulate a teammate without touching her

rear


8. We never have to reach down to check that our genitals

are still there


9. We can talk to members of the opposite sex without having

to picture them naked


10. We know that there are times when chocolate is the only

solution to a problem


11. We can make snide comments about men in their

presence because we know they aren't listening anyway



~*~* Gals, Celebrate Today and Everyday! *~*~











12 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love the list and the quote - heehee!

ANd we need to celebrate every day, huh? Thanks for the lighthearted look at Monday!

Debby said...

Awesome post!
debby

Anonymous said...

I love this post Sue!!!!

Funny funny lightheartedness!

Wow I learned something from you..
It started March 8, 1911!!!

Happy woman's day to you!
Love~Pattee

Hope your carpal tunnel is getting better!

Vicki/Jake said...

Hey, I knew this...just needed a reminder (o:
Love all the things we can/don't need to do's..specially #10,,hehe
Hope you had a great Monday Sue..I need to get storytelling!

Unknown said...

Hey Sue, this is great! A couple of corrections to the list:

Firstly, I have seen women dancing that looked like frogs however (a) they had usually consumed something highly alcoholic and (b) the ment didn't seem to care anyhow.

Secondly, chocolate is the solution to EVERY problem. Trust me on this!
:)

Hugs, my Friend!

Healing Woman said...

Wonderful! I think I shall use the first quote about having no desire to equal a man on my Philosophy Angel paper art dolls. The gals will love it. Thanks so much for posting.

michelleK said...

haha thats priceless sue. Made me laugh
thanks
<3 Michelle

Anonymous said...

LOL Sue... yes you can "steal" that doodle... I just love that quote... about the energy of things and how they can hold you...

Thank so much for your positive comments...
Love ~

Terri Kahrs said...

Great post! LOVED the quote from Lucy Montgomery - brilliant! She was ahead of her time!!! LOL! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

This post rocks in a womanly way!
<3
Cindy

Abi said...

Gosh I didn't realise! Thanks for sharing.
I also wanted to say a big thank you for the lovely words you wrote on my latest blog post - I very much appreciate them :O)

julie said...

Oh yuck....the vision of the Speedo on an empty stomach!! It has to be something men wear for each other...you know...mine is bigger...because I've yet to meet a woman who finds that garment attractive...hug, hug